One is one too many.Suicide is the leading cause of death for Australians between 15-44 years old. I wouldn’t be naive enough to downplay the complexity of the issue or to assume the experience of each individual to be identical - but we are all human, we all need love, we all need purpose and most of all, we all deserve someone to lean on, a listening ear and supports like Lifeline.
I'm dedicating a flower for my loved one
- Eight Australians die every day by suicide. These are our brothers, sisters, mums, dads, sons, daughters, mates & partners. Our loved ones, irreplaceable people. Over 65,000 Australians make a suicide attempt each year. In 2018, 3,046 Australians took their own life.
- Everyone needs somebody and the most important thing we can do is to let people know they are loved and valued. Please give generously and if unable, make it a priority to check in with your mates regularly and an active effort to maintain your mental health and reach out if needed.
- One life lost to suicide is one too many.
- This fundraiser is in memory of a very special soul, now an angel for all of her loved ones, Clio Elliott. We miss you every day, and you will live forever in our hearts. If love could’ve saved you, you would’ve lived forever.
- Rest in Paradise Clio, finally at peace. Hold onto hope, there is help.